Airbnb is redefining the world's approach to accommodation and travel. We are creating highly local, personal and meaningful experiences for our host and guest community around the world. We develop products that create transformational experiences for guests millions of times each week.
The Homes business focuses on helping guests experience the world in a more authentic and meaningful way by staying with gracious hosts who offer their own unique spaces and hospitality. Our guests connect with those hosts through the Airbnb marketplace, which is unlike any other in the world. The Market Dynamics team works on core marketplace mechanisms that ensure overall marketplace efficiency while protecting the long-term health of our guest and host communities.
We're looking for an experienced product leader to work with our cross-functional team to build policies and tools that enable millions of new and existing guests to book incredible stays on Airbnb. This leader must be able to understand and represent the needs of both our guests and our hosts to effectively build features that sit at the intersection of these communities.
* Help develop a long-term vision for Airbnb's core marketplace mechanisms.
* Lead the team in developing goals and a product strategy to realize that long-term vision.
* Ensure high quality execution on an impactful roadmap of projects and features, balancing short- and long-term investments.
* Develop a talented team of product managers and continue to scale the team.
* Effectively manage stakeholders including Homes leadership and eStaff.
Key capabilities & Candidate profile:
* Working to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles and/or planning for contingencies.
* Showing strong passion or strong sense of urgency about reaching targets.
* Checking work of self and others against required quality standards.
* Reviewing performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure team is achieving results.
* Testing to see if goals are sufficiently challenging and implements corrective action to fix missed performance goals.
* Hands on and great attention to detail
Leverage Data and Analytics for decision making
* Expertise in using data to generate insights
* Leveraging data to test hypothesis and decision making
* Ability to build a business case for proposed actions and initiatives rooted in data and trends
* Facilitates the assembly of groups or teams with deliberately diverse membership; helps them find common ground and consider all views.
* Brings together a group that is the best to manage a project or solve a problem regardless of diverse views or backgrounds and supports their ability to engage despite their differences.
Leadership & communication
* Engages people in discussion around the business direction, conveying the organizational vision and direction and how the unit or a project fits in.
* Delegates projects with a clear set of agreed objectives/measures of success.
* Translates business goals into priorities and individual performance measures aligned with goal progress measures and communicates regularly about long-term goals to reinforce the larger intent.
* Frequently reviews project progress and seeks corrective actions when needed.
* Prioritizes cascading of information to drive team clarity and morale