Job Title: Wound Care Coordinator
Supervises the hospital wide wound care program in collaboration with interdisciplinary team. Educate hospital personnel regarding the management and prevention of pressure ulcers. Wound care coordinator reports to System Director of Rehabilitation Services and/or Chief Nursing Officer or his/her designee.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist the nursing and interdisciplinary leadership in developing policy and procedure, treatment plan, according to acceptable treatment standard; explain dressing rationale, institute preventive measures and monitor results of care delivered; communicate information to Supervisors and Director of Quality Management
- Coordinate with physicians on status of their patients with shin issues and identify patients requiring debridement procedures or other specialty services
- Provide demonstrations on dressing techniques to educate and orient / in- service nurses
- Monitor and provide a report of hospital acquired pressure ulcers which includes patient's name, site, state support surface and dates of evaluation to the Director of Quality Management.
- Participates in wound care rounding, wound care committee meetings and quality council.
- Assists in delivery of patient care to accomplish wound care tasks
- Assist hospital leadership in materials/supply cost-containment project while making sure that appropriate supplies are readily available when needed for patient care.
- Coordinate identifying and training/validating skin champions among each unit to develop a team of resource staff to assist with accurately identifying and capturing all wounds and initiating prompt/appropriate intervention for the entire patient visit
- Exhibits customer and service oriented behaviors in every day work interactions.
- Demonstrates a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
- Provides accurate and timely written and verbal communication of clinical information in a manner that is understood by all involved in the delivery of patient care.
- Able to listen, understand, problem-solve,and carry-out duties to ensure the optimal patient care outcomes.
- Able to use IT systems in an accurate and proficient manner.
- Contributes toward effective, positive working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
Demonstrates cooperation, flexibility, reliability, and dependability in all daily work activities and a willingness to collaborate with others for the good of the customer and the organization.
- Associate Degree/Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
- Prefer at least 3 to 4 years of current experience in an acute care setting
- Completion of a Preceptorship Course highly preferred
- Current California RN License required
- Current WCC, CWCN, CWS and/or CFNCN highly preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant in order to be considered.
- Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear; and may taste and smell. The employee is regularly required to lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 10 pounds, with assistance. Visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties.